3rd Health Innovation Conference
Providing more while using less !
In recent years great progress has been noted in all medical care sectors, with the invention of innovative medicines, vaccines, diagnostic methods and operative techniques. At the same time, the development of Genetics and Artificial Intelligence as well as the increasing use of smart phone apps and wearable devices, have brought about expectations for more radical changes in the healthcare sector.
However, the rapid advancement of new and costly technologies on one hand and population aging on the other, have put serious economic stress on all national health systems, at a time when consumers’ demands regarding the use of new pharmaceuticals and technologies are on a constant rising trend. Therefore, health systems nowadays are required to modernize medical care, contain expenses and improve the quality and efficiency of services offered to patients.
Recently, all those involved in the healthcare sector have come to realize that they should start thinking of ways to “achieve more while using less”. To this effect, the 3rd Health Innovation Conference, which will be held on April 04, 2019 in Divani Caravel Hotel, aims at highlighting all prospects and challenges that have emerged in medical care, which are linked to the development of new technologies.
- New diagnosis and treatment methods: Biomarkers, Artificial Intelligence,
- Greek patients’ access to innovative treatments and diagnostic methods
- Research and innovation in the healthcare sector in Greece
- Health Technology Assessment: account of Committee’s operation; hurdles
- Utilization of digital medical data in decision-making procedures:
opportunities brought forth by ePrescription of drugs and medical tests.
- Officials from the Ministry of Health, the Hellenic National Health Services Organization (Ε.Ο.Π.Υ.Υ.), the Greek National Pharmaceutical Organization (Ε.Ο.Φ.), the National Evaluation Center of Quality and Technology in Health (Ε.Κ.Α.Π.Τ.Υ.) and the Hellenic Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Technology (Ι.Φ.Ε.Τ.)
- Employees of Regional Health Authorities (Υ.ΠΕ.) and hospitals
- Representatives of political parties of the opposition
- Patients’ associations representatives
- Renowned scientists, researchers and academics
- Pharmaceutical, medical technology and health information companies executives
Adjunct Professor in Health Sector Strategy, MBA International, Athens University of Economics & Business & Head of Market Strategy & New Markets Development, WifOR Institute
Professor, Clinical Pharmacology & Head of the Clinical Pharmacology Department, School of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Professor of Neurosurgery, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Medical School & Chairman of the 2nd Department of Neurosurgery, “Attikon” University Hospital
Head, Clinic for Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Hospitals Bremen-Mitte, Bremen-Ost, Professor of Radiology/Neuroradiology, Medical School Saarland University, Germany, Head, Dept. of Interventional Neuroradiology, Henry Dunant Hospital Center, Athens
Managing Director, Janssen Greece, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
PhD Candidate in University of Surrey, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Health Services Manager, Innovation Manager & President of the NGO "Alliance for Integrated Care”